Dig It! Grand Opening Soil-A-Bration
May 3, 2014
Journey through the skin of the earth and discover how soils sustains life as we know it in “Dig It! The Secrets of Soil” developed by the Soil Science Society of America and designed by Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
Dig into the Museum’s latest exhibit on Saturday, May 3 at a special Grand Opening Soil-A-Bration featuring family-friendly, fun activities for kids of all ages from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm including:
- Docent -led tours of “Dig It! The Secrets of Soil”
- Meet Tana the California burrowing owl from Wildlife Care Association
- Hands-on activities & demos on how to dirt-dye garments, make soil crayons, paint with dirt & more
- Free hot dogs for the entire family
- Free parking for Museum visitors
- Much more, don’t miss it!
Free for Museum members & 1st 100 registrants
-OR- $20-for-4 advance admission at
Advance tickets available online only beginning at 10:00 am on 4/1/14 through 5:00 pm on 5/2/14 at DigItCA.Eventrbrite.com. Limit 8 advance tickets per customer. Not valid with other offers or discounts. Expires 5/2/13.