Dia de los Muertos Fiesta FAQs
Below are answers to frequently asked questions for your convenience. Please review before contacting us with questions. Thank you!
$5 EARLY BIRD TICKETS – SORRY, SOLD OUT AS OF AUG. 27, 2018:
- On sale starting at 10:00 am on Friday, Aug. 24, 2018.
- Limited to 250 maximum.
$10 ADVANCE TICKETS:
- On sale when Early Bird Tickets sell out or through 11:59 pm on Oct. 11, 2018.
- Limited to 1,250 maximum.
$20 DOOR TICKETS:
- If advance tickets are not sold out, $20 Door Tickets will be for sale starting at 5:00 pm on Friday, Oct. 12 at event check in using cash or major credit card.
MUSEUM STORE TICKET PURCHASES:
- Early Bird & Advance Tickets may be purchased in Museum Store during regular business hours Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Tickets purchased onsite are digital and sent to purchaser via email. Printed tickets NOT provided, for details on tickets used at entry see EVENT ENTRY below.
- Eventbrite ticket fee automatically added to onsite ticket purchases.
- If all Early Bird and Advance Tickets sell out, a wait list will be enabled.
- As tickets become available, emails are sent to registrants in the order of signups. Registrant must use link provided on email within 12 hours to purchase their wait list tickets before links expire and tickets are offered the next person on the wait list.
MISSING TICKETS & ORDERS:
- To look up your order or retrieve your tickets, visit http://eventbrite.com/gettickets and enter email address used to place order.
- For additional help, please visit Eventbrite help center at: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_US.
- Event check-in open at 5:00 pm on Fri., Oct. 12. Ticket holders may receive admission wristbands & collect advance food, drink & workshop tickets. If available, door tickets may be purchased for $20.00 each using cash or major credit card.
- Doors open at 6:00 pm.
- Please bring either a) printed copy of your ticket OR b) digital ticket to display on a mobile device (cell phone or tablet) to expedite event entry.
- Attendees without printed or digital ticket may experience delay in entry and be asked to wait in separate line as purchase is verified.
- Please keep your digital or printed ticket with you throughout event if you need to leave for any reason.
- Large bags subject to security check and must be stored in basement lockers.
- Guests purchasing alcoholic beverages must be 21 years of age or older and show proof of age with valid ID.
- No outside food or drinks may be brought into the facility during the event.
- All ages are welcome but all guests must have a ticket for this after-hours fundraising event.
- Children ages 5 or under receive free admission during regular business hours only. For more information, visit http://www.californiamusuem.org/hours-admission.
- Strollers permitted but subject to security check.
- Free hands-on activities for kids ages 3+ will be available and posted when confirmed.
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA:
- Guests permitted to bring and use non-flash, consumer grade still cameras for personal use only.
- Commercial and/or professional photography and videography strictly prohibited.
- Due to limited capacity and staff availability, media must request credentials to cover event in advance. To apply, submit inquiry by 5:00 pm on Thurs., Oct. 11, 2018 at http://www.californiamuseum.org/media-inquiries.
- For more information on photography, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/faqs-accessibility.
- Event capacity limited to 1,000 attendees.
SUGAR SKULL WORKSHOP:
- Requires $15 per person materials fee paid with event ticket sale and limited to a maximum of 50 participants per session.
- Held in 2 sessions at 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
- Workshop tickets provided upon event check-in on Oct. 12.
- Appropriate for ages 5 & older.
- Space permitting, workshop may be purchased at event for $15 per person payable by cash or major credit card.
FOOD & DRINK TICKETS:
- Choose from:
- Entrée Ticket: Plate of 3 tacos, rice & beans by Mayahuel $10.00 each
- Cocktail Ticket: Custom alcoholic beverages 21+ w/ID by Mayahuel $8.00 each
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage Ticket: Agua frescas by Mayahuel $3.00 each
- Advance purchases strongly recommended to avoid long lines at event.
- May be added to ticket purchases prior to checking out and are accessible under “Additional Items” section following name and email address fields on registration page.
- Food, drink & workshop tickets purchased with Advance or Early Bird tickets will be provided to buyers upon check in on Oct. 12, 2018.
- Food/drink ticket purchases at event will be cash or major credit card only.
- Sodas, bottled water and snack items (including chips, candy, etc.) available for purchase in Museum Store by cash or credit card.
- Sorry, no refunds provided after 5:00 pm on Thurs., Oct. 11, 2018.
- Refund requests must be made by 5:00 pm on Oct. 11, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER 5:00 PM ON THURS., OCT. 11, 2018.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS:
- The paid garage directly across the street from the Museum on the corner of 10th & O Streets will be open for attendees starting at 6:30 pm and is $3 per car flat rate. Garage closes at 10:30 p.m.
- Metered street parking is available on streets surrounding the Museum. Please visit City of Sacramento Parking Services for more information.
- Bike parking is limited to the racks provided on the premises and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For directions or more information, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/directions.
- The Museum is located at the Archives Plaza stop of Regional Transit’s Light Rail and a convenient transportation option for the event. For more information on routes, schedules and fares, visit: http://www.sacrt.com.
- Golden 1 Credit Union ATMs located at 8th & O and at 1109 L St (between 11th & 12th on L)
MERCADO DE LOS MUERTOS:
- Applications from vendor interested in selling hand-made and/or unique art, crafts and gift items at the event will be accepted via email to email@example.com through Sept. 28, 2018.
- For questions or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 653-0650.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE:
- For questions or additional help, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you once again for your interest in the event, and we hope to see you on Oct. 12!