March 9, 2019
Dolores Huerta Opening Day
Sat., Mar. 9, 2019
Free for paid Museum members
$5.00 general admission
Celebrate the grand opening of the Smithsonian Institution’s traveling exhibit “Dolores Huerta: Revolution in the Fields / Revolución en los Campos” on Sat., Mar. 9 at the California Museum! Festivities include:
- Discussion plus Q&A with Dolores Huerta and California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom (Auditorium*, 10:30 – 11:30 am);
- Curator presentation by Dr. Taína Caragol of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Portrait Gallery (Auditorium*, 12:30 – 1:30 pm);
- $5 reduced general admission to all current exhibits, a savings of up to $4
- FREE hands-on civic engagement activities (12:00 pm – 4:00 pm);
- More fun for all ages — don’t miss it!
*Auditorium portions of event limited to a maximum capacity of 250 attendees. Seats offered to paid Museum members first on a first-come, first served basis. Members will receive an email invitation to reserve and must claim their seats by 5:00 pm on Sun., Mar. 3, 2019. To become a member and be eligible to receive a priority seat, join by 5:00 pm on Feb. 28, 2019, at http://www.californiamuseum.org/membership.
If available, remaining seats will be open to the public to reserve starting at 10:00 am on Mon., Mar. 4, 2019 on this webpage with advance purchase of $5.00 general admission.