Brown Selects Inductees For California Museum
Published and aired on September 9, 2011
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Museum will embrace a new class of inductees — including the Beach Boys and Magic Johnson — who were selected by Gov. Jerry Brown and his wife, Anne Brown later this year. The honor comes in conjunction with the state’s 161st birthday.
Among the honorees:
• Astronaut Buzz Aldrin
• Nobel Prize-winning scientist Elizabeth Blackburn
• Community activist Father Gregory Boyle
• Entrepreneurs and philanthropists Doris and Donald Fisher
• Disability rights advocate Ed Roberts
• Guitar artist Carlos Santana
• Celebrated novelist Amy Tan
• California Supreme Court Justice Roger Traynor
“These men and women have enriched our lives and pointed the way to a future of unimagined quality,” Brown said in a statement.
The ceremony will be held on Dec. 8 at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium.