Day of the Dead Party 2017 FAQs
Below are answers to frequently asked questions on the Dia de Los Muertos Fiesta 2017 for your convenience. Please review before contacting us with questions. Thank you!
$5 EARLY BIRD TICKETS:
- On sale starting at 10:00 am on Fri., Aug. 4, 2017
- Limited to 250 maximum – SORRY, SOLD OUT AS OF AUG. 10, 2017
$10 ADVANCE TICKETS:
- On sale when Early Bird Tickets sell out through 11:59 pm on Thurs., Oct. 12, 2017
- Limited to 1,250 maximum
$20 DOOR TICKETS:
- If advance tickets are not sold out, $20 Door Tickets will be for sale when event entry opens at 5:00 pm on Fri., Oct. 13.
MUSEUM STORE TICKETS:
- Early Bird & Advance Tickets may be purchased in the Museum Store during regular business hours Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Tickets purchased onsite are digital and sent to purchaser via email. For more information on tickets and entry, see EVENT ENTRY below.
- If all Early Bird and Advance Tickets sell out, a wait list will be enabled.
- As tickets become available, emails are sent to registrants in the order of signups. Registrant must use link provided on email within 12 hours to purchase their wait list tickets before links expire and tickets are offered the next person on the wait list.
MISSING TICKETS & ORDERS:
- To look up your order or retrieve your tickets, visit http://eventbrite.com/gettickets and enter email address used to place order.
- For additional help, please visit Eventbrite help center at: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_US
- Event check-in will open at 5:00 pm on Fri., Oct. 13. Ticket holders may receive admission wristbands & collect advance food, drink & workshop tickets. If available, door tickets may be purchased for $20.00 each using cash or major credit card.
- Doors open at 6:00 pm.
- Please bring either a) printed copy of your ticket OR b) digital ticket to display on a mobile device (cell phone or tablet) to expedite event entry.
- Attendees without printed or digital ticket may experience delay in entry and be asked to wait in separate line as purchase is verified.
- Please keep your digital or printed ticket with you throughout event if you need to leave for any reason.
- Large bags subject to security check and must be stored in basement lockers.
- Guests purchasing alcoholic beverages must be 21 years of age or older and show proof of age with valid ID.
- No outside food or drinks may be brought into the facility during the event.
- All ages are welcome but all guests must have a ticket for this after-hours fundraising event.
- Children ages 5 or under receive free admission during regular business hours only. For more information, visit http://www.californiamusuem.org/hours-admission.
- Strollers permitted but subject to security check.
- Free hands-on activities for kids ages 3+ including making crepe paper flowers, monarch butterflies & Dia de Los Muertos paper masks available from 6:00-9:00 pm.
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA:
- Guests permitted to bring and use non-flash, consumer grade still cameras for personal use only.
- Commercial and/or professional photography and videography strictly prohibited.
- Due to limited capacity and staff availability, media must request credentials to cover event in advance. To apply, submit inquiry by 5:00 pm on Oct. 11, 2017 at http://www.californiamuseum.org/media-inquiries.
- For more information on photography, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/faqs-accessibility.
- Event capacity limited to 1,000 attendees.
SUGAR SKULL WORKSHOP:
- Requires $20.00 per person materials fee paid with event ticket sale and limited to a maximum of 40 participants per session.
- Held in 2 sessions (7:15-8:15 pm or 8:15-9:15 pm) in 2nd floor Steinberg Classroom
- Workshop tickets provided to purchaser upon event check in on Oct. 13
- Appropriate for ages 5 & up
FOOD & DRINK TICKETS:
- Choose from:
- Entrée Ticket: Plate of 3 tacos, rice & beans by Mayahuel $10.00 each
- Cocktail Ticket: Custom alcoholic beverages 21+ w/ID by Mayahuel $8.00 each
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage Ticket: Agua frescas by Mayahuel $3.00 each
- Advance purchases strongly recommended to avoid long lines at event.
- May be added to ticket purchases prior to checking out and are accessible under “Additional Items” section following name and email address fields on registration page.
- Pre-order food, drink & workshop tickets will be provided to purchasers at check-in.
- Food/drink ticket purchases at event will be cash or major credit card only.
- Sodas, bottled water and snack items (including chips, candy and popcorn) available for purchase in Museum Store by cash or credit card.
- Sorry, no food/beverage ticket refunds provided after 5:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2017.
- Refund requests must be made by 5:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER 5:00 PM ON OCT. 12, 2017.
PARKING, DIRECTIONS & PUBLIC TRANSIT:
- The paid garage directly across the street from the Museum on the corner of 10th & O Streets will be open for attendees starting at 5:30 pm and is $5 per car flat rate.
- Metered street parking is available on the streets surrounding the Museum and is free beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Bike parking is limited to the racks provided on the premises and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For more information, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/directions.
- The Museum is located at the Archives Plaza stop of Regional Transit’s Light Rail and a convenient transportation option for the event. For more information on routes, schedules and fares, visit: http://www.sacrt.com.
- Golden 1 Credit Union ATM located on O Street between 11 & 12th.
MERCADO DE LOS MUERTOS:
- Applications from vendor interested in selling items at the event were accepted through Sept. 29, 2017 and are now closed. Due to space limitations, we regret that we are unable to accommodate additional vendors.
Thank you once again for your interest in the event, and we hope to see you on Oct. 13!