SPECIAL EVENTS STAFF
On-call, hours vary by week
Reporting to the Facility Rentals Manager, special events staff are responsible for assisting with the Museum’s facility rentals and special events, including set up, break down and clean up of the facilities.
This is a part-time, hourly position without a set weekly schedule. Staff are scheduled on an as-needed basis, depending on the Museum’s schedule of events and facility rentals. Flexibility to work a varied schedule of evenings and weekends is required.
- Duties associated with setting up, breaking down and cleaning up events including moving tables, setting up chairs, A/V equipment, decorations and more
- Assisting with event cleanup & trash disposal, implementing facility policies, and responding to client/vendor requests
- Greeting guests in a professional manner and with a professional appearance
- Providing a positive visitor experience for all event clients, guests and vendors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., perform set up and breakdown of tables, chairs and various equipment as well as walk up and down 2 flights of stairs
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment while multi tasking and prioritizing workload as needed
- Availability to work nighttime and weekend events
- Knowledge of AV equipment and set up a plus
On-call part time, non-exempt. Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours required. All Museum staff are required to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
About The California Museum:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, The California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to pursue the California dream and make their own mark on history.