Visitor Services Associates
Part-time: Up to 15 hours/week
The California Museum seeks an enthusiastic weekend Visitor Services Associate to ensure a positive and welcoming experience for visitors. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and will be comfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Provide exemplary customer service to Museum visitors and callers
- Use point of sale system for admissions and Store sales
- Assist Education department with tour check-in and communicating with teachers and volunteers
- Provide accurate information about the Museum, its exhibits and events, and the surrounding area
- Promote Museum membership
- Assist visitors with general Museum reception and direct them appropriately
- Collect visitor data and feedback
- Assist with Store merchandise inventory
- Restock merchandise
- Maintain a clean and neat Store appearance and assist with keeping museum lobby tidy
- Open and close the store as scheduled
- Assist with merchandise receiving
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage in an environment that can be fast-paced
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
High school graduate
- One year retail sales and guest service experience
Part time, non-exempt, reports to Visitor Services Manager. The incumbent will be scheduled to work no more than 10-15 hours per week between the hours of 9:45 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Saturdays and 11:45 a.m.-5:15 p.m. on Sundays. Flexibility to work occasional weekdays and/or evenings desirable. Pay rate is $10 per hour.
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references with contact information to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
About California Museum:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to pursue the California dream and to make their own mark on history.