Visitor Services/Store Associates
Part-time: 16-29 hours/week
The California Museum is seeking enthusiastic Visitor Services/Museum Store Associates to provide a positive, welcoming experience for Museum visitors. Ideal candidates have excellent communication and customer service skills and are comfortable managing multiple priorities projects in a fast-paced, fun environment.
Part-time Visitor Services/Store Associate staff are scheduled 16-29 hours per week in conjunction with the Museum’s business hours (Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.), with additional hours on holidays and evenings as required for the Museum’s special events.
The Visitor Services/Store Associate part-time, non-exempt position reports to the Visitor Services Manager and Communications and Marketing Director.
- Providing general information and exemplary customer service to all Museum visitors on site, by email and on the telephone as the Museum’s face to the general public
- Assisting group tours and school field trips with checking in
- Selling store merchandise and admission to exhibit, programs and special events
- Promoting repeat visitation, program participation and Museum membership
- Collecting visitor data and feedback
- Assisting with performing inventory, restocking and cleaning of store and lobby areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Interests in history and museums a plus
Part-time, 16-29 hours per week; some flexibility in hours and schedule available
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
About The California Museum:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, The California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to pursue the California dream and make their own mark on history.