California Leaders to Commemorate 10th Anniversary of the Global Warming Solutions Act (AB32)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will join Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr., Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León and Senator Fran Pavley for an event celebrating California’s history of environmental leadership and the 10th anniversary of the Global Warming Solutions Act.
On October 5th the USC Schwarzenegger Institute and the California Museum will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the signing of the Global Warming Solutions Act and highlight California’s proud history of environmental leadership. Governor Brown, Senate President Pro Tem De León, Senator Pavley, former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Assembly Speaker Emeritus Fabian Núñez will speak to California’s leadership in climate change policy and how the state has succeeded at balancing environmental protection with economic growth.
- Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
- Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León
- Former Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Senator Fran Pavley
- Assembly Speaker Emeritus Fabian Núñez
- California Air Resources Chair Mary Nichols
Program begins at 12:30 p.m. on Wed., Oct. 5. Media check in begins at 11:30 a.m., see credential information below for additional details and instructions.
- Event location: California Museum, Constitution Wall Courtyard, 1020 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Media Check-In: Secretary of State’s Rotunda, 1500 11th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
LIVE WEB CAST:
The event will be streamed live at http://www.californiamuseum.org/ab32.
- Due to limited space, media must request a credential to cover this event no later than Tues., Oct. 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm to email@example.com.
- Please include name(s) of reporter(s), photographer(s) and/or crew members, outlet and reporter’s beat. Space permitting, credentials will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Television crews must bring wireless equipment for live segments or taped segments due to limited parking and cabling capabilities. At time of check-in, media must present a valid ID to obtain credential.
- Due to security and space restrictions, requests made after Tues., Oct. 4, 2016 may not be accommodated.
About USC Schwarzenegger Institute
The USC Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy is committed to advancing post-partisanship, where leaders put people over political parties and work together to find the best ideas and solutions to benefit the people they serve. The Institute seeks to influence public policy and public debate in finding solutions to the serious challenges we face. While the Institute engages on a variety of critical policy areas, a primary focus is climate change, which reflects Governor Schwarzenegger’s leadership on the issue and it being one of the defining challenges of our generation.
About California Museum:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires visitors to pursue the California dream and to make their own mark on history.