CALL FOR CAMERAS: California’s Governor & First Lady to induct a new class of honorees at The California Museum’s 7th annual California Hall of Fame on Wednesday, March 20th
** MEDIA PLANNING USE ONLY **
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 18, 2013
** MEDIA ADVISORY **
California’s Governor & First Lady to induct a new class of honorees at The California Museum’s 7th annual California Hall of Fame on Wednesday, March 20th
(Sacramento, California) — Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown will induct the 7th class of legendary Californians into The California Museum’s California Hall of Fame, the Museum’s signature fundraising program celebrating the Californians who embody the state’s spirit of innovation and achievement. The 7th class of inductees includes: Gregory Bateson, Warren Beatty, Charles and Ray Eames, Dolores Huerta, Ishi, Joe Montana and Warner Bros.
Credentialed media are invited to cover the 7th Annual California Hall of Fame red carpet arrivals in front of The California Museum, located at 1020 O Street in Sacramento, on Wed., Mar. 20, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Television and still photography coverage of the ceremony, which follows the red carpet arrivals, will be pooled.
Please visit the California Hall of Fame section of The California Museum’s web site at http://www.CaliforniaMuseum.org/california-hall-fame for more information. To obtain a media kit including announcements, biographies and press images for the 7th Annual California Hall of Fame, please register to become a media user at http://www.californiamuseum.org/form/press-kit-permission-request.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 20th, 2013
3:00-4:00 PM: California Hall of Fame & “Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design” Press Tours
- Eames Demetrios, Director of Eames Office, Llisa Demetrios, Archivist of Eames Office and Carla Hartman, Education Director of Eames Office, will lead a press tour of both exhibits with Amanda Meeker, Director of Exhibits & Programs at The California Museum.
- Please R.S.V.P. by Tuesday, March 19 at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com.
4:00 PM: Media Check-in for Coverage of Red Carpet
NOTE: Media credentials are required for coverage of red carpet arrivals. At the time of check-in, members of the media must present valid identification. Additional details are below.
6:00-7:00 PM: Red Carpet Arrivals
- Attending inductees: Warren Beatty, Dolores Huerta and Joe Montana.
- Representatives for posthumous inductees: daughter Nora Bateson for Gregory Bateson; grandson Eames Demetrios, Director of Eames Office, granddaughter Llisa Demetrios, Archivist of Eames Office and daughter Lucia Eames for Charles and Ray Eames; James Hayward, Sr., Cultural Director of Redding Rancheria for Ishi; granddaughter Cass Warner Sperling for Warner Bros.
- Hosts and political guests: Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr., First Lady Anne Gust Brown, California Secretary of State Debra Bowen, California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones and California Department of Food & Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Karen Ross.
- Past inductees: General Chuck Yeager and Al Jardine of Beach Boys.
- Special guest appearances: The California Museum Board of Trustee Dina Eastwood, Annette Bening and Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson.
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM: 7th Annual California Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The Governor and First Lady will present the inductees with the Spirit of California medal during the induction ceremony.
WHERE: The California Museum, 1020 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
MEDIA CREDENTIALING FOR RED CARPET ARRIVALS: Credential requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, March 19th at 5:00 PM. Requests should include the name of the reporter, any additional crew members, outlet, and the reporter’s beat. At the time of check-in, media must present a valid ID. Due to security and space restrictions, requests after Tuesday, March 19, 2013 may not be processed. Space permitting, red carpet press credentials are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Television crews must tape segments due to limited facility parking and cabling capabilities. Please email email@example.com for additional information.
- Due to security restrictions, only pool and staff photographers will be permitted to cover the induction ceremony and any inside events.
POOLED MEDIA COVERAGE OF CEREMONY: Television and still photography coverage of the ceremony, which will follow the red carpet arrivals, will be pooled by Fox 40 and Reuters.
- Outlet: Fox 40
- Timing: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 454- 4548
- Orb Loc: 74.05 W
- U/L: 14455.75Mhz Horizontal
- D/L: 12155.75Mhz Vertical
- U/L Beam: N. America
- D/L Beam: N. America
- Allocated Bandwidth: 3.5 Mhz
- G17 22K (Tribune) N10
- Uplink: KTXL
- Outlet: Thomson Reuters
- Timing: Images will be posted via Dropbox after 9:15 p.m.
- Contact: Sam Mircovich at Sam.Mircovich@thomsonreuters.com
Brenna Hamilton, Communications & Marketing Director
The California Museum
ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA MUSEUM:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, The California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to dream the California dream and dares them to make their own mark on history. Open Tues.-Sat. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sun.: 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.; closed Mondays except on federal holidays. Admission: adults $8.50; college students & seniors $7.00 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $6.00; children 5 & under free. For more information, visit http://www.CaliforniaMuseum.org.
The 7th Annual California Hall of Fame is presented by Chevron and Visit California.