Governor Brown & First Lady to induct newest class of inductees at 10th Annual California Hall of Fame on Nov. 30
Inductees Isabel Allende, Harrison Ford, William J. Perry, Maria Shriver, Russ Solomon and George Takei scheduled to appear at the California Museum in Sacramento, CA
(Sacramento, Calif.) – Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown will induct the 10th class of legendary Californians into the California Hall of Fame on Wed., Nov. 30, 2016 at the California Museum, located at 1020 O Street in Sacramento. As the Museum’s signature fundraising program, the California Hall of Fame celebrates residents of the state who embody California’s spirit of innovation and achievement and have made a mark on history. The 10th class of inductees into the California Hall of Fame includes Isabel Allende, Harrison Ford, Tony Gwynn, Corita Kent, William J. Perry, Maria Shriver, Russ Solomon and George Takei.
Credentialed media are invited to cover the red carpet arrivals at the California Hall of Fame on Wed., Nov.30, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Coverage of the induction ceremony, which follows red carpet arrivals, will be limited to pooled video provided by KCRA 3 and pooled still photography provided by The Sacramento Bee.
To download the California Hall of Fame media kit including biographies, press images and more, visit: http://www.californiamuseum.org/press-kit/10th-annual-california-hall-fame-press-kit. For more information on inductees and the California Hall of Fame program, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/california-hall-fame.
WHEN: Wed., Nov. 30, 2016
5:00 p.m.: Media Check-in for Coverage of Red Carpet Arrivals Opens
NOTE: Media credentials are required for coverage of red carpet arrivals. At the time of check-in, members of the media must present valid identification. Please see additional details below.
6:00-7:00 p.m.: Red Carpet Arrivals
- Attending inductees: Isabelle Allende; Harrison Ford; William J. Perry; Maria Shriver; Russ Solomon and George Takei.
- Representatives for posthumous inductees: Alicia Gwynn accepting for Tony Gwynn and Ray Smith, Director of Corita Art Center, accepting for Corita Kent.
- Hosts and political guests: Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr., First Lady Anne Gust Brown, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla and Speaker Emeritus Toni Atkins and Assemblymember Shirley Weber.
- Special guest appearances: Former inductees Dolores Huerta and George Schultz and Llisa Demetrios representing inductees Charles and Ray Eames.
7:00 PM to 8:00 p.m.: 10th Annual California Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The Governor and First Lady will present the inductees with the Spirit of California medal during the induction ceremony.
WHERE: California Museum
1020 O Street (corner of 10th and O Streets), Sacramento, CA 95814
MEDIA CREDENTIALING FOR RED CARPET ARRIVALS: Credential requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Mon., Nov., 28, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Due to security and space restrictions, requests after Mon., Nov. 28, 2016 may not be accommodated.
Requests must include name(s) of reporter(s) and/or photographer(s), any additional crew members, outlet and the reporter’s beat. At time of check-in, media must present a valid ID. Space permitting, red carpet press credentials are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Television crews must tape segments due to limited parking and cabling capabilities. Please email email@example.com for additional information.
- Only pool and event staff photographers will be permitted to cover the induction ceremony.
POOLED MEDIA COVERAGE OF CEREMONY: Television and still photography coverage of the ceremony, which will follow the red carpet arrivals, will be pooled by KCRA 3 and The Sacramento Bee.
Live Feed Television Pool:
- Outlet: KCRA 3
- Timing: 6:45 – 8:45 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PDT)
- Contact: Dave Ramos at (916) 869-4969 or Angie Sheets at (916) 508-1277
- Satellite Coordinates:
- For H7 (SD):
- UPLINK FREQUENCY: 14484.7500 MHz (V)
- DOWNLINK FREQUENCY: 12184.7500 MHz (H)
- SYMBOL RATE (Ms/s): 2.785106
- INFORMATION RATE (KB/s): 3850.0 KB/s
- FEC: 3/4 &188/204
- MODULATION TYPE: QPSK DVBS
- ALLOCATED BANDWIDTH: 3500.0 KHz
- For Galaxy 28:
- LOCATION: 89° West
- TRANSPONDER: K24
- VERTICAL BEACON: 12198.000 MHz [V]
- HORIZONTAL BEACON: 11702.000 MHz [H]
- For H7 (SD):
- Live Webcast:
- Photography Pool:
ABOUT CALIFORNIA MUSEUM
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires visitors to dream the California dream and dares them to make their own mark on history. Open Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $7.50 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 and under free. For more information, visit http://www.CaliforniaMuseum.org.
Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr
Communications & Marketing Director, California Museum