Governor Brown & First Lady to induct newest class of inductees at 11th Annual California Hall of Fame on Dec. 5
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Nov. 28, 2017
UPDATED: Dec. 5, 2017
Inductees Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Mario J. Molina, Jim Plunkett, Gary Snyder, Steven Spielberg, Michael Tilson Thomas & Warren Winiarski scheduled to appear at the California Museum in Sacramento, CA
(Sacramento, Calif.) – Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown will induct the 11th class of legendary Californians into the California Hall of Fame on Tues., Dec. 5, 2017 at the California Museum, located at 1020 O Street in Sacramento. The California Hall of Fame celebrates residents of the state who embody California’s spirit of innovation and achievement and have made a mark on history. The California Hall of Fame 11th Class includes Lucille Ball, Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Mabel McKay, Mario J. Molina, Jim Plunkett, Gary Snyder, Steven Spielberg, Michael Tillson Thomas and Warren Winiarski.
Credentialed media are invited to cover red carpet arrivals at the 11th Annual California Hall of Fame on Tues., Dec. 5, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Coverage of the induction ceremony, which follows the red carpet, will be limited to pooled video provided by KCRA 3 and pooled still photography provided by The Sacramento Bee.
To download the California Hall of Fame media kit including biographies, press images and more, visit: http://www.californiamuseum.org/press-kit/11th-annual-california-hall-fame-press-kit. For more information on inductees and the California Hall of Fame program, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/california-hall-fame.
WHEN: Tues., Dec. 5, 2017
5:00 p.m.: Media Check-in for Coverage of Red Carpet Arrivals Opens
NOTE: Media credentials are required for coverage of red carpet arrivals. At the time of check-in, members of the media must present valid identification. Please see additional details below.
6:00-7:00 p.m.: Red Carpet Arrivals
- Attending inductees: Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Mario J. Molina, Jim Plunkett, Gary Snyder, Steven Spielberg, Michael Tilson Thomas and Warren Winiarski
- Representatives of posthumous inductees: Kate Luckinbill Conner accepting for Lucille Ball and Marshall McKay accepting for Mabel McKay
- Hosts and political guests: Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr., First Lady Anne Gust Brown, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson, Consul General of Mexico in Sacramento Liliana Ferrer and former State Assembly Member Mark Leno
- Relatives of previous posthumous inductees: Llisa Demetrios representing Charles & Ray Eames; Nora Bateson representing Gregory Bateson; Bill Hanna representing John Muir; and Fred Ross Jr. representing Fred Ross Sr.
7:00 PM to 8:00 p.m.: 11th Annual California Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- The Governor and First Lady will present the inductees with the Spirit of California medal during the induction ceremony.
WHERE: California Museum
1020 O Street (corner of 10th and O Streets), Sacramento, CA 95814
RED CARPET MEDIA CREDENTIALS: Credential requests to cover red carpet arrivals were accepted through at 5:00 p.m. on Fri., Dec. 1, 2017. Due to security and space restrictions, requests received after 5:00 p.m. on Fri., Dec. 1, 2017 may not be granted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Credential requests must include name(s) of reporter(s), photographer(s) and any additional crew, name of outlet and reporter’s beat.
- Television coverage of red carpet must be taped due to limited parking and cabling capabilities.
- Limited parking for news trucks available by request to email@example.com.
- Space permitting, red carpet credentials are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reporters will receive credential confirmations via email on Mon., Dec. 4, 2017.
- At time of check-in, attending media must present a valid ID.
INDUCTION CEREMONY POOLED COVERAGE: The induction ceremony immediately following red carpet arrivals from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. is limited to staff and pool coverage only. Pooled television and still photography coverage will be provided by KCRA 3 and The Sacramento Bee.
Live Feed Television Pool:
- Outlet: KCRA 3
- Timing: 6:45 – 8:45 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Contact: Dave Ramos at (916) 869-4969 or Angie Sheets at (916) 508-1277
- Satellite Coordinates:
- For H7 (SD):
- UPLINK FREQUENCY: 14484.7500 MHz (V)
- DOWNLINK FREQUENCY: 12184.7500 MHz (H)
- SYMBOL RATE (Ms/s): 2.8
- INFORMATION RATE (KB/s): 6.939972337 KB/s
- FEC: 5/6
- MODULATION TYPE: 8PSK DVBS2
- ENCODING: MPEG4
- ALLOCATED BANDWIDTH: 3500.0 KHz
- For Galaxy 28:
- LOCATION: 89° West
- TRANSPONDER: K24
- VERTICAL BEACON: 12198.000 MHz [V]
- HORIZONTAL BEACON: 11702.000 MHz [H]
- For H7 (SD):
- Photography Pool:
- Induction Ceremony Live Webcast:
- Timing: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. PST
- California Museum website at http://www.californiamuseum.org/post/11th-annual-ca-hall-fame
- California Museum YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/YzprGgcQCf0.
About California Museum
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive exhibitions and engaging educational experiences, the Museum inspires visitors to make a mark on history. Open Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $7.50 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 and under free. For more information, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org.
Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
Communications & Marketing Director, California Museum