Think Outside the Classroom Scholarship
Bring history, arts and culture alive with a FREE field trip to The California Museum from Target®
Learning opportunities extend far beyond the classroom. But schools are finding it more and more difficult to bring students to museums and cultural organizations. Thanks to a generous grant from Target’s “Think Outside the Classroom” program, The California Museum is pleased to offer funding for qualifying schools, helping to fulfill our mission to provide children unique, firsthand learning experiences and educational tools that bring California’s history, arts and culture alive.
- To qualify, students must be enrolled in a 3rd or 4th grade class at a Sacramento City Unified School District Title 1 school.
- Scholarships are offered on a first come, first served basis over the 2011-2012 school year.
- Bus transportation, student admission and one chaperone per 10 students admission included.
- Each participating student will receive a goodie bag including a California Bear Flag kit and Target pencil set.
Exhibits & Educational tools for 3rd/4th grade California curricula
- California Indians: Making A Difference
- 31st Star: California Statehood
- Uprooted! Japanese Americans During WWII
Apply today! Visit CaliforniaMuseum.org or call us at (916) 654-5688 for an application and more information.