“We Are All Californians” Family History Day on Sat., July 18 to feature free admission & resources to research genealogy from 15 organizations
Members of the public invited to discover their families’ California immigration stories using resources from genealogy experts, historic societies & collections facilities from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Members of the public are invited to discover their families’ immigration journeys to the Golden State at “We Are All Californians” Family History Day on Sat., July 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Festivities will include:
- Self-guided tours of “We Are All Californians,” an all-new interactive multimedia exhibit exploring immigration to the Golden State in the 21st century, plus all current Museum exhibits
- Recordings of 60-second videos documenting visitors’ immigration stories in the “We Are All Californians” kiosk to be featured on the Museum’s “California Stories” YouTube channel playlist
- Resources to research, document and preserve family history from 15 genealogy, research and collections facilities organizations, including: California Historical Society, California State Archives, California State Library, Center for Sacramento History, Dante Club Sacramento, Isleton-Brannan-Andrus Historical Society, Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento, Portuguese Historical & Cultural Society, Sacramento County Cemetery Advisory Commission, Sacramento County Historical Society, Sacramento Family Search Library, Sacramento German Genealogy Society, Sacramento Genealogical Society and Sacramento Public Library
- Hands-on genealogical activities for children plus an afternoon of fun for families
- FREE ADMISSION for all visitors, sponsored by The California Endowment
- FREE PARKING for Museum visitors in surface street lot on 10th and O Streets
Saturday, July 18, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
California Museum, Archives Plaza, 1020 O Street (10th & O Streets), Sacramento, CA 95814
Brenna Hamilton, Communications & Marketing Director, at (916) 651-0934 or email@example.com
ABOUT CALIFORNIA MUSEUM:
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires visitors to dream the California dream and to make a mark on history. Open Tues.-Sat. 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Bank of America Sun. of the month: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; closed Mondays (except on federal holidays). Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $7.50 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 and under free.
Interviews & media tours available by advance request only.
Submit inquiry at http://www.californiamuseum.org/media-inquiries
Download press materials at http://www.californiamuseum.org/about/press-center
Download press images: http://www.californiamuseum.org/photo-gallery/we-are-all-californians