To promote the safest possible environment for all, we ask visitors to observe the following guidelines:
- Starting Thursday, April 21, proof of vaccination is no longer required for general Museum visitation.
- Masks are still required for all visitors age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status.**
Please wear an N95, KN95, KF94, or surgical mask. These types of masks are most effective at preventing the transmission of viruses. The mask must fit snugly and fully cover the nose and mouth.
Visitors arriving with cloth masks, gaiters, bandanas, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, or masks with an exhalation valve will be asked to use a Museum-provided surgical mask.
Face shields are not allowed instead of a mask, but may be worn over one.
- Please do not visit if you aren’t feeling well, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10 days, or have been exposed to someone who is ill.
- Advance tickets are recommended. Tickets may be purchased and exchanged online at no charge until 1 hour before the scheduled time. For details or to purchase, visit Tickets section on the Hours, Admission & Tickets page. If you need assistance exchanging a ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All visitors, including children, must have their own tickets.
- Attendance is limited to 20 guests per half-hour; entry is through timed tickets.
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet away from others not in your group.
- Keep moving through the galleries and avoid lingering in one area.
- Use hand sanitizer. Dispensers are located throughout the galleries.
- Download a visitor guide to conduct a self-guided tour.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed inside the facility. Tables and chairs are available for visitors to consume food or drinks outside in Constitution Wall Courtyard.
- Any visitor violating the guidelines above will be asked to leave.
- General admission check-in for visitors with pre-purchased tickets is available in the Museum Store. Please arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled time and have your ticket ready to show on arrival.
- All Museum staff and volunteers are vaccinated and boosted. If any non-Museum building personnel are not vaccinated, they are required to take weekly COVID-19 tests. All Museum and building staff and volunteers are required to wear masks at all times.
- Enhanced cleaning measures have been instituted.
- Some small spaces where social distancing is not possible are closed.
- Onsite Tours are available. Visit Field Trips, Group Visits and Onsite Tour Protocols pages for details and changes.
- Group Tours are available during public hours, limited to a maximum of 40 visitors at a time. See page link for more information.
- Online field trips are now booking, see page link for details.
- Museum Store is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 5 pm.
- Facility rentals can be tentatively scheduled, subject to cancellation based on the public health guidelines in place at that time. For assistance, contact email@example.com.
- For questions on operations not listed above, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience, and we look seeing here you soon!
*K-12 field trips available Monday-Wednesday by appointment. For assistance or to place a reservation, contact the education department at (916) 654-1729 or email@example.com.
** A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask because of the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act is exempt from this policy.