California Votes For Women
November 9, 2019
California Votes for Women:
A California Suffrage Centennial
Sat., Nov. 9, 2019 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Free for first 500 or $5 reduced admission
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of California’s ratification of the 19th Amendment granting women the right to vote with California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Sat., Nov. 9, 2019 at the California Museum! Festivities include:
- FREE or $5 reduced admission to view all current exhibits*
- National Archives’ “Rightfully Hers” pop-up exhibit & California State Archives display on women’s suffrage history
- Presentations by author Michelle Duster, Ida B. Wells‘ great-granddaughter; historian Robert P. J. Cooney, Jr.; children’s author Laura Atkins & the League of Women Voters of California
- Complimentary hands-on activities including designing quilt blocks to be used in a community quilt honoring African American suffragists led by Sisters Quilting Collective, replica “Votes For Women” pennants & more
- Girl Power Story Time reading circle activity for kids ages 5 & up with the Sacramento Public Library
- Restored suffragist silent film “Mothers of Men” (1917) shot on location in Northern California
- Suffragist living history reenactors from the Sacramento History Museum
- Information tables by California Secretary of State Voter Registration, National Women’s History Alliance, the League of Women Voters of California & others
- Concessions for sale by Chocolate Fish Coffee, Drewski’s Hot Rod Kitchen & others
- $3 flat-rate parking in Bonderson Garage (Lot 24) at 1500 10th Street
- More fun for all ― don’t miss it!
To claim a free or $5 reduced admission ticket, register using the link below. For full event schedule, visit the FAQ section posted at https://CAVotes4Women.Eventbrite.com.
*Free admission for the first 500 to register for a ticket limited to a maximum of 2 per email address. $5 reduced admission also available, a savings of $4-1.50 on paid general admission. All sales final. Sorry, no refunds.