Field Trip Scholarships
Health Happens Here Field Trip Tour Scholarships
Limited number available for SCUSD Title 1 classes Aug. 29 through Nov. 30, 2019
Thanks to a generous grant from The California Endowment, the California Museum is pleased to offer Health Happens Here Field Trip Tour Scholarships to Sacramento City Unified School District Title 1 classes, extending learning experiences to under-served students in the community.
- Free admission for up to 85 visitors, including all teachers & students plus 1 chaperone for every 10 students
- Bus transportation reimbursement up to $300 to & from the California Museum
- Free California Teacher membership for participating teachers
Qualifications & Guidelines:
- Open to Sacramento City Unified School District Title 1 classes
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to groups of 60 or more students
- Field trip tour must be taken between August 29 and November 29, 2019 during the Museum’s regular tour hours (Tues.-Fri. 9:00 am-3:00 pm)
To apply, submit an application at link below. For questions or assistance, contact email@example.com or (916) 654-1729.
The Unity Center at the California Museum celebrates the state’s diverse people, customs and cultures.
Initiated in 1999 in response to a series of Northern California hate crimes, the Center’s interactive multimedia exhibits highlight leaders in the state’s rich civil rights history and encourage visitors to find common ground while embracing their own individuality.
Explore the Center’s learning program for middle & high school students aligned with State Content Standards, Common Core & Civics outcomes.