Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, onsite media segments are not available during the Museum’s temporary closure starting at 5 pm on Friday, March 13, 2020. Please see our closure page for more information. Thank you.
Thank you for your interest in the California Museum! Please take a moment to review media policies and procedures before contacting us with a request.
- All onsite coverage is required to be escorted by a staff member and must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Complimentary onsite media tours, interviews and segments may be scheduled during administrative hours Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Onsite segments are scheduled around field trips, group tours and facility rental events and must use wireless equipment due to egress issues presented by cabling.
- Offsite or in-studio segments may also be scheduled, however artifacts and photographs used in displays may not be transported offsite.
- Please bring a wi-fi device and battery-powered or fully charged electrical equipment as needed. No Internet or electricity is available in exhibit galleries.
- For materials on a specific recent exhibit, please see the press kits section for current materials available to download.
To submit a media inquiry, please use the form below and a member of our staff will follow up within one business day.