Onsite Tour Protocols
To promote a safe environment for all, we ask all Field Trips and Group Visits to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not visit if you aren’t feeling well, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who is ill. To reschedule, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729.
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all visitors age 2 and over at all times indoors. Visit our statement for details.
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet away from others not in your household.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently. Dispensers are located throughout the galleries.
- Download a visitor guide to conduct a self-guided tour.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the facility. Tables and chairs are available for visitors to consume food or drinks outside in Constitution Wall Courtyard.
- Field trips are available Monday through Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm and limited to 1 class group at a time. Schools wishing to limit contact with outside individuals are encouraged to book reservations on days galleries are closed to the public. Visit the Hours, Admission & Tickets page for current information.
- Field Trip participants must bring their own clipboards and pencils to complete activity sheets in the galleries.
- Group tours limited to a maximum of 40 visitors per group are available on days galleries open to the public. Visit the Hours, Admission & Tickets page for current information.
- Private Group Visits when the Museum is closed to the public are available to groups of 30 or more on a limited basis by request to email@example.com or (916) 654-1729.
- All staff and volunteers wear a mask at all times inside the facility. For assistance with making accommodations for hearing-impaired visitors, contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729 in advance of your arrival.
- To check in a Field Trip or Group Visit, please send 1 representative to the Admissions window located in the Museum lobby behind the security desk.
We look forward to seeing you soon! For questions or concerns, contact the education department at email@example.com or (916) 654-1729.