Onsite Tour Protocols
Onsite Tour Protocols
Effective October 11, 2022
To promote a safe environment for all, we ask all Field Trips and Group Visits to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not visit if you aren’t feeling well, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who is ill. To reschedule, contact email@example.com or (916) 654-1729.
- Masks are strongly recommended but no longer required. Masks are still required for events in the auditorium.*
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet away from others not in your household.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently. Dispensers are located throughout the galleries.
- Download a visitor guide to conduct a self-guided tour.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the facility. Tables and chairs are available for visitors to consume food or drinks outside in Constitution Wall Courtyard.
- Field trips are available Tuesday-Friday from 9 am to 3 pm and limited to 2 classes (60 people) at a time. Schools wishing to limit contact with outside individuals are encouraged to book reservations on Mondays when galleries are closed to the public. Visit the Hours, Admission & Tickets page for current information.
- Field Trip participants must bring their own clipboards and pencils to complete activity sheets in the galleries.
- Group tours limited to a maximum of 60 visitors per group are available on days galleries are open to the public. Visit the Hours, Admission & Tickets page for current information.
- Private Group Visits when the Museum is closed to the public are available to groups of 30 or more on a limited basis by request to firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729.
- All staff and volunteers wear a mask at all times inside the facility. For assistance with making accommodations for hearing-impaired visitors, contact the education department at email@example.com or (916) 654-1729 in advance of your arrival.
- To check in for a Field Trip or Group Visit, please send 1 representative to the Admissions window located in the Museum lobby behind the security desk.
We look forward to seeing you soon! For questions or concerns, contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729.
*A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask because of the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act is exempt from this policy.