Onsite Tour Protocols
To promote a safe environment for all, we ask all Field Trips and Group Visits to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not visit if you aren’t feeling well, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who is ill. To reschedule, contact email@example.com or (916) 654-1729.
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required for all visitors age 2 and over at all times inside, following California Department of Public Health guidance. Visit our statement for details.
- Maintain social distance. Stay six feet away from others not in your household.
- Follow designated routes marked by floor graphics.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently. Dispensers are located throughout the galleries.
- Download a visitor guide to conduct a self-guided tour.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the facility. Tables and chairs are available for visitors to consume food or drinks outside in Constitution Wall Courtyard.
- Field trips are available Monday through Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm while galleries are closed to the public and limited to 1 class group with a maximum of 40 visitors at a time, including chaperones and teachers.
- Field Trip participants must bring their own clipboards and pencils to complete activity sheets in the galleries.
- Group Visits are available during public hours Thursday through Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm and are limited to a maximum of 40 visitors per group.
- Private Group Visits when the Museum is closed to the public are available to groups of 30 or more on a limited basis by request to firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729.
- Docent-led tours are required to have 1 docent for every 10 visitors in compliance with reduced gallery capacity.
- All staff and volunteers wear a mask at all times inside the facility. For assistance with making accommodations for hearing-impaired visitors, contact the education department at email@example.com or (916) 654-1729 in advance of your arrival.
- To check in a Field Trip or Group Visit, please send 1 representative to the Admissions window located in the Museum lobby behind the security desk.
We look forward to seeing you soon! For questions or concerns, contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 654-1729.