Dia de los Muertos Fiesta FAQs
Below are answers to frequently asked questions for your convenience. Please review before contacting us with questions. Thank you!
$5 EARLY BIRD TICKETS :
- On sale starting at 10:00 am on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019.
- Limited to 250 maximum.
$10 ADVANCE TICKETS:
- On sale when Early Bird Tickets sell out or through 11:59 pm on Oct. 9, 2019.
- Limited to 750 maximum.
$20 DOOR TICKETS:
- If the event does not sell out in advance, a limited quantity of $20 Door Tickets will be for sale starting at 5:00 pm on Friday, Oct. 11 online and at event check-in located in front of the Museum using cash or major credit card.
MUSEUM STORE TICKET PURCHASES:
- Early Bird & Advance Tickets may be purchased in Museum Store during regular business hours Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Tickets purchased onsite are digital and sent to purchaser via email. Printed tickets NOT provided, for details on tickets used at entry see EVENT ENTRY below.
- Eventbrite ticket fees are automatically added to onsite ticket purchases, sorry.
- If all Early Bird and Advance Tickets sell out, a wait list will be enabled.
- As tickets become available, emails are sent to registrants in the order of signups. Registrant must use link provided on email within 12 hours to purchase their wait list tickets before links expire and tickets are offered the next person on the wait list.
MISSING TICKETS & ORDERS:
- To look up your order or retrieve your tickets, visit http://eventbrite.com/gettickets and enter email address used to place order.
- For additional help, please visit Eventbrite help center at: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_US.
- Event check-in open at 5:00 pm on Fri., Oct. 11. Ticket holders may receive admission wristbands & collect advance food, drink & workshop tickets. If available, door tickets may be purchased for $20.00 each using cash or major credit card.
- Doors open at 6:00 pm.
- Please bring either a) printed copy of your ticket OR b) digital ticket to display on a mobile device (cell phone or tablet) to expedite event entry.
- Attendees without printed or digital ticket may experience delay in entry and be asked to wait in separate line as purchase is verified.
- Please keep your digital or printed ticket with you throughout event if you need to leave for any reason.
- Large bags subject to security check and must be stored in basement lockers.
- Guests purchasing alcoholic beverages must be 21 years of age or older and show proof of age with valid ID.
- No outside food or drinks may be brought into the facility during the event.
- All ages are welcome but all guests must have a ticket for this after-hours fundraising event.
- Children ages 5 or under receive free admission during regular business hours only. For more information, visit https://www.californiamusuem.org/hours-admission.
- Strollers permitted but subject to security check.
- Free hands-on activities for kids ages 3+ will be available and posted when confirmed.
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA:
- Guests permitted to bring and use non-flash, consumer grade still cameras for personal use only.
- Commercial and/or professional photography and videography strictly prohibited.
- Due to limited capacity and staff availability, media must request credentials to cover event in advance. To apply, submit inquiry by 5:00 pm on Thurs., Oct. 10, 2019, at https://www.californiamuseum.org/media-inquiries.
- For more information on photography, visit https://www.californiamuseum.org/faqs-accessibility.
- Event capacity limited to 1,000 attendees.
SUGAR SKULL WORKSHOPS:
- Requires $15 per person materials fee paid with event ticket sale and limited to a maximum of 35 participants per session.
- Held in 2 sessions at 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
- Workshop tickets provided upon event check-in on Oct. 11.
- Appropriate for ages 5 & older.
FOOD & DRINK TICKETS:
- Advance food & drink ticket purchases strongly recommended to avoid long lines at event.
- Food & drink tickets may be added to advance ticket purchases in the “Additional Items” section following name and email address fields on the ticket checkout page.
- Choose from:
- NEW! Mezcal Tasting Ticket 21+ w/ID: Flight of 3 mezcals plus private mezcal education $20 each
- Taco Plate Ticket: 3 tacos (choice of chicken, carnitas, carne asada or vegetarian) by Mayahuel $10 each
- Beer/Cocktail Ticket 21+ w/ID: Choice of margarita or Mexican cerveza by Mayahuel $8 each
- Non-Alcoholic Drink Ticket: Aguas frescas by Mayahuel $3 each
- Snack Ticket: Choice of paletas (fruit popsicles) or esquites (Mexican street corn) by Mayahuel $3 each
- Food & drink ticket purchases during event will be cash or major credit card only.
- Mexican sodas, bottled water and snack items (including chips, candy, etc.) are available for purchase in Museum Store by cash or credit card.
- Sorry, no refunds provided after 5:00 pm on Thurs., Oct. 10, 2019.
- Refund requests must be made by 5:00 pm on Oct. 10, 2019, via email to email@example.com only.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER 5:00 PM ON THURS., OCT. 10, 2019.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS:
- The Bonderson Garage (Lot 24) directly across the street from the Museum on the corner of 10th & O Streets will have a $3 flat rate (cash only) and closes at 10:30 p.m.
- Limited metered street parking is available on streets surrounding the Museum. Please visit City of Sacramento Parking Services for more information.
- Bike parking is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For more information, visit https://www.californiamuseum.org/directions.
- The Museum is located at the Archives Plaza stop of Regional Transit’s Light Rail and a convenient transportation option for the event. For more information on routes, schedules and fares, visit: http://www.sacrt.com.
- Golden 1 Credit Union ATMs are located at 8th & O and at 1109 L St (between 11th & 12th on L)
MERCADO DE LOS MUERTOS:
- Applications from local or regional artisans and vendors to sell hand-made and/or unique art, crafts and gift items at the event will be accepted starting Fri., Aug. 2.
- Booth space is limited with priority given to local and regional artisans.
- Retail stores and corporate businesses will not be accepted.
- To request an application or for additional assistance, contact the Museum Store at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 653-0650 starting on Fri., Aug. 2.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE:
- For questions or additional help, please email email@example.com.
Thank you once again for your interest in the event, and we hope to see you on Oct. 11