Public Nomination Submissions
Nominations to the California Hall of Fame are welcome and encouraged to give the public a voice in the selection process and to assist the Museum in developing a comprehensive list of candidates.
Please review the criteria below and answers to the California Hall of Fame FAQ’s before submitting a nomination. Submissions are accepted year round, and qualified candidates are added to an ongoing master list from which the annual list of inductees are selected by the Governor and First Partner.
All nominees must meet all of the following required criteria for consideration:
- Lived in California for a minimum of 5 years
- Transcend the boundaries of their field to make a lasting, significant contribution to the state, nation and world
- Embody the spirit of California and the California Dream
- Motivate and inspire people to further their own dreams through their unique story and accomplishments
Please include all of the following information:
- Nominee’s name, field of expertise, dates of birth and death (if posthumous)
- A brief biography highlighting the nominee’s personal history and connection to California
- A brief list of significant accomplishments and lasting contributions that have transcended the boundaries of their field
- A brief explanation of how they embody the California Dream
- Your name, mailing address, daytime phone number and email address