Governor & First Partner to Induct a New Class of Honorees at 13th Annual California Hall of Fame on Dec. 10
Inductees RuPaul, Brandi Chastain, Tony Hawk, George Lopez & Wolfgang Puck scheduled to appear at the California Museum in Sacramento, Calif.
SACRAMENTO, CALIF. (Dec. 9, 2019) – Governor Gavin Newsom and First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom will induct the 13th class of legendary Californians into the California Hall of Fame on Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019, at the California Museum, located at 1020 O Street in Sacramento. The California Hall of Fame celebrates Californians who embody the state’s spirit of innovation and achievement and have made their mark on history. The California Hall of Fame 13th Class includes Dr. Maya Angelou, RuPaul Andre Charles, Brandi Chastain, Dr. France A. Córdova, Tony Hawk, Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston, Reverend James M. Lawson, Jr., George Lopez, Wolfgang Puck and Helen M. Turley.
Credentialed media are invited to cover the 13th Annual California Hall of Fame red carpet arrivals from 6 to 7 p.m. There will be pooled coverage of the induction ceremony, which follows the red carpet from 7 to 8 p.m.
To download the California Hall of Fame press kit including biographies, images and more, visit https://www.californiamuseum.org/press-kit/13-hof. For more information on the California Hall of Fame program, visit https://www.californiamuseum.org/california-hall-fame.
Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019
5 p.m.: Media Check-in Open
NOTE: Credentials are required for coverage of red carpet and granted on a first-come, first-served basis. At the time of check-in, media must present valid ID. Please see details below.
6 p.m.: Red Carpet Arrivals
- Attending inductees: RuPaul Andre Charles, Brandi Chastain, Dr. France A. Córdova, Tony Hawk, Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston, Reverend James M. Lawson, Jr., George Lopez, Wolfgang Puck and Helen M. Turley.
- Representatives of posthumous inductees: son Guy Johnson accepting for Dr. Maya Angelou.
- Hosts and political guests: Gov. Gavin Newsom, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Consulate General of Mexico Liliana Ferrer, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla and California State Controller Betty Yee.
7 p.m.: 13th Annual California Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
NOTE: The ceremony will be covered by a pool photographer and videographer and streamed in a live webcast. Please see details below.
- The Governor and First Partner will present the inductees with “Spirit of California” medals to honorees and representatives of honorees.
1020 O Street (corner of 10th and O Streets), Sacramento, CA 95814
RED CARPET CREDENTIALS:
Credential request were accepted through at 12 p.m. on Mon., Dec. 9, 2019, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to security and space restrictions, requests received after 12 p.m. on Mon., Dec. 9 may not be granted. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
The induction ceremony immediately following red carpet arrivals from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. is limited to staff and pool coverage only. Pooled television and still photography coverage will be provided by KTXL FOX 40 and The Sacramento Bee.
Live Feed Television Pool:
- Outlet: KTXL Fox 40
- Timing: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. PST
- Contact: Amy Henderson (916) 705-8217 or Grant Hansen (916) 275-2758
- Satellite Galaxy17: K22 Slot 4
- Uplink Frequency: 14434.75
- Downlink Frequency: 12134.75
- LBand Frequency: 1384.75
- Outlet: The Sacramento Bee
- Timing: Available starting at 10 p.m. PST by request.
- Contact: Nathaniel Levine, The Sacramento Bee, (916) 321-1026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Induction Ceremony Live Webcast:
- Television outlets must tape segments or use wireless equipment due to facility limitations.
- Live shots available on the red carpet from 5 to 6:45 p.m. only.
- Attending media must conclude red carpet coverage by 6:45 p.m. when breakdown will begin.
- Freelance journalists must have an assignment editor request credentials as proof of assignment.
- Parking available in the Bonderson Garage located at 1500 10th Street directly across the street from the California Museum for a $3 flat rate (cash only) starting at 5 p.m.
- Sorry, no Internet or electricity available on red carpet. Please bring charged, self-contained equipment for coverage.
- Event will proceed rain or shine; however, some attendees may not walk red carpet in the rain.
- Red carpet interviews are at the discretion of each inductee or attendee and are not guaranteed.
- Only event staff will be permitted to shoot red carpet and induction ceremony outside of designated media areas or the after-party, a private event limited to attendance by invitation only.
ABOUT CALIFORNIA MUSEUM:
The California Museum educates visitors on California’s diverse history, arts, culture and unique influence on the world. Through interactive exhibits and engaging programs, the Museum inspires visitors to make their mark on history. Learn more at https://www.californiamuseum.org.