Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the California Museum. Due to the current pandemic and uncertainty regarding when we will restart our volunteer program, we are not taking volunteer applications at this time. Please check back for updates. We appreciate your support and patience.
Looking for a rewarding way to serve the community? The California Museum invites you to join our volunteer program to assist staff in presenting exhibits and programs on the state’s history, arts and culture of diversity, inspiring more than 125,000 annual visitors.
Whether you’re looking for a few hours to fill or a regular position, a range of opportunities are available to choose from including:
- Gallery Guides & Assistants to facilitate field trip & group visits
- Events Assistants to work at the Museum’s special events
- Classroom Presenters to provide K-12 education programs to field trip groups
- History, Arts & Culture Facilitators to educate general admission & tour visitors
- Ambassadors to represent the Museum at community events
No experience necessary — all volunteer positions feature in-depth training and offer parking, public transit and ridesharing reimbursement. Best of all, benefits include Museum memberships with reciprocal admission at other institutions, store discounts, invitations to volunteer events and more!
To apply today, click the application link below. For questions or assistance, the Volunteer Coordinator at (916) 653-8099 or email@example.com.
Current volunteers: Log in to access program information, view schedules and sign up for shifts.